Sunday, September 6, 2009

us and them

so iv just read us and them and it really makes me think about the way we look at ppl. when we see someone who is a little, or a lot, different first: we feel pitty for them and we sometimes try to defend them in our minds but we never really get to know them or try to understand them. Second: we find a reason to not like them and to not be there friend, maybe because they are different or maybe because we just dont want to make the effort.
Then for me persnally I look back and i try to find that reason that i once disliked someone and its hard for me to remember because i didnt really have a reason in the first place because they were just a little different.
I do think us and them is a good story beause it gives a sort of insight to how we think and judge ppl aon a dail basis.
so this question in the book asks what is the signifigance of the two hand written signs from halloween, one saying dont be greedy, to which the charactors get frustrated because they think that they have a right to the candy. the other sign says my candy keepout, this just shows how hipocrytical we can be because of course we dont want other ppl to be greedy but to most ppl its just second nature to be greedy.
so, i hope i did this right, just blogging about what i thought the story was about and how it affected me and made me think.....enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment