Monday, September 7, 2009

mick jagger

i actually find this very amusing because we are all guilty of imagining things in our head that will never be true and could never be true. im sure everyone will agree with me on that one..we all have fantasies that we know will never come true but just the same, we cant let them go. now, to completely change directions. this story really makes me think about my personal past...not that i chased around the stones haha but that i have lied to my parents and gone out to do stuff that they would never approve of. and getting so caught up in the fun that i was having that even in the very back of my mind i knew i should do the right thing and go home and take care of myself but i didnt let other ppl see that it bothered me as much as it really did so they never noticed....and it didnt take the realization that a fantasy was just that, a fantasy, to get me to my senses, it just took the realization of a very good friend that i really couldnt handle myself anymore and needed to go home where i could be taken care of and safe,, i have grown up a lot since then and not to say that i dont still get into trouble,, just that its always good to have someone around that will keep you on track when your too caught up in the fun to do it yourself.

the contrast between fantasy and reality is very big and obvious as we all know, even though we cant help ourselves. in this text she describes some of the parties she went to while in high school but also mentions how she really felt afterwords,, this shows maturity because had she still been this age she would have never admitted that she really wanted to go home she would have left that part out to make what she was doing seem "glamorous" and more fun then what it actually was.

No comments:

Post a Comment