Thursday, September 3, 2009

my writing history

So this assignment has really got me stumped. The only writing history I really have is what has been assigned to me in school. I don't really like to write about my feelings in poems and such like some people, I would rather just sit down and talk to someone about it.

My very first writing assignment, its amazing I remember this, but it was in first grade and we had to write a short biography on Abraham Lincoln. It's hard to believe that I went from that to where I am now, writing a blog in college. I'm not very good with writing, I grew up in an education system that put more emphasis on sports than anything else, but hey this is America and that's just the way we do things.

I did my english work in high school when it was assighned and i always did good enough to make a B, but to be honest i didn't really care enough about writing to try any harder. Writing definitley does not came easy to me. I find it hard to think of things to write about and when i have a topic i find it hard to actually think of something to say. So needless to say english and writing are not my strongest subjects, but i do try. As far as writing creatively I have not done that very much if ever. So this class is sure to be a struggle for me. I don't really know how to email, i would much rather call someone or text them, but I'm beggining to get the hang of it.

I love to read what people have to say and just read in general, but I don't like to write what i have to say. I will read anything as long as its interesting. The assignment we had to read over rhetorical situations was not interesting, just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment